Cole's Kind Souls




Wikipedia defines kindness as "the act or the state of being kind and marked by charitable behaviour, marked by mild disposition, pleasantness, tenderness and concern for others. It is a recognized value in many cultures and religions." 


Websters defines kindness as being "of a sympathetic or helpful nature."


I define kindness as an act that someone does for reasons stemming out from pure love and respect for this grand 'ol life, my life, your life, and any other living thing.  


After a fiercely intense daydreaming session, I have come to conclude that this blog could possibly be the portal to some of the most awesome, mysterious, knowledgeable, and life changing things that I may ever know in this life.  But that's not just going to happen.  I have to make it happen.  


The executive decision has been made to take my blog in a new direction. Nothing would please me more, than to be able to interview folks and write about what kindness, gratefulness, and gratitude means to them, and how these things have affected their lives.  And, I'm talking about people from all walks of life, from poor and unknown, to super rich and uber famous.  I know the latter group may be a stretch, but as was said in Field of Dreams "If you build it, they will come."


As per my definition of kindness, I think the paramount act of kindness is teaching someone something, or letting them teach you something that neither one of you may have known had the other person not existed at the very moment of this exchange.  Think about it, we are all here for a relatively short amount of time, and we spend nearly every second of every day trying to figure this life out. I can't do it without you, you can't do it with out me.  But, the truest of moments must be when we are being kind to one another, to our animals and to our environments, both immediate and far reaching.  


I feel as though not pursuing this avenue with my blog would be doing a huge disservice to not only myself, but to you, dear blog reader and lover of all things Cole...(love you more ;)) So, scary and taunting as this endeavor of mine may be, I will deliver.  I will interview people in my personal life, local celebrities, and who knows, maybe a real celebrity or two. Believe me when I tell you that I have already thought of a long list of folks, who's stories are far more interesting than I am capable of imagining.  I call it my "Dream Team List", and I hope to check them all off one by one, and perhaps add a few more in the process.  


The look and most likely the title of my blog will change considerably in the coming days.  I look forward to the task at hand, and hope you will enjoy reading as much as I will enjoy learning and writing this blog. Thanks again for taking the time to read, and I will keep you filled in every step of the way! Namaste.







0 comments:

The Kind Ones