Your life is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds. If your life isn't awesome, you've been watering the weeds.



In the chaos that has been my life for the last week or so, the power of positive thinking has shown me that it is abundantly clear that your thoughts unravel into your reality. As per my last post, I am, in fact, not recession proof. However, I have come to appreciate my rut, dirt is cool to the skin...


I have adopted a rather laissez-faire outlook on the circumstances in my life that six months ago, I might have lost a number of hours of sleep over.

According to Wikipedia "Laissez-faire (pronunciation: French, is a term used to describe a policy of allowing events to take their own course. The term is a French phrase literally meaning "let do". It is a doctrine that holds that the state generally should not intervene in the marketplace."

In every piece of literature I have read pertaining to the effects of positive thinking, it has been said in a number of ways, that the thing that makes us miserable and makes misery a tangible emotion in our lives is negative thinking. Negative thoughts are like poison to us, and positive thoughts and actions are the key to true freedom and the fruition of your innermost desires. So, who am I to not allow the grand scheme to "let do" what it do...
My soul is the state and the marketplace knows what I need better than I do...

There were a few instances this week that could have shaken me to the core, but in a very very short span of time, have worked out to my full advantage.

No shame in my game, example numero uno, I was evicted from my humble abode this week due to non payment. Not that I didn't want to pay, but you can't get blood from a turnip. I really didn't know what I was going to do, other than open the door for the goons the rental company surely would have sent to put all my earthly possessions on the front lawn. Enter my friends, we shall call J&J, who came up with the idea of my moving in with them and presented it to me right when my hope-o-meter was just about to enter the red. It is a great situation for all parties involved and a total upgrade from where I was living only a few days ago, not to mention, way more affordable.

Example numero dos, I have been looking for steady work for a few months, and making do with side jobs here and there, thankfully I am pretty resourceful. Just yesterday, I know about 6 people called me and asked me if I had found a job, and were informed of my eviction situation. Now, I am pretty sure, that most of them thought to themselves after we talked that they hoped or prayed even that I find work. As of today, I commissioned a painting job that will pay my rent for two months at the new place and was called for a very promising interview for a full time job.

I could not be more stoked to see the work I have been doing that no one is aware of but me, well, and now you, is starting to take shape of a future that certainly has to be pretty awesome! The old adage "You reap what you sow," is so right on.

Positive vibes and wellness all around!

There are two sites I have been visiting regularly where other assured folks have been posting their positive life experiences...

http://www.givesmehope.com
http://twitter.com/iamgrateful4

Check these out if your needing a lift, or feeling inspired to post your own uplifting stories. You can also leave these as a comment right here if your feeling froggy :)

1 comments:

chris said...

i'm glad your shared your positivity with me. it's very welcome, since sometimes i have trouble applying the knowledge i already know. you know? again, thanks.

The Kind Ones